The Fairmont Newport Beach is ready for the holidays! The decorations, fun activities and philanthropy can be enjoyed by hotel guests and locals looking for some holiday cheer.
Lobby decorations are beautiful, but they also serve a purpose and benefit those in need.
- The Festival of Trees supports South County Outreach in their efforts to prevent homelessness and hunger in South Orange County. There are 20 unique trees in the lobby area that will be auctioned off at a reception on December 8th.
- Fairmont Tree of Hope Toy Drive – The large Santa’s workshop tree in the lobby is where unwrapped toys can be donated. These toys will benefit those who are participating in South County Outreach’s adopt-a-family program. Donations can be dropped off through December 19th.
- Teddy Bear Village – Individuals and businesses can donate bears that will also support South County Outreach. Bears can be small, large, simple or elaborately adorned. It is fun to see the variety of donations. I saw a UCI anteater, a bear in scrubs and even a Kate Spade themed bear with her own handbag.
You can also check out these two special events:
- Santa’s Workshop Breakfast and Pictures with Santa (December 4th, 9am to 1pm) – breakfast buffet, complimentary photos with Santa, complimentary activities (build your own stuffed toy, face painting, balloon art and more). Reservations recommended.
- Chestnuts and Carolers (December 6th, 4pm to 5pm) – complimentary seasonal entertainment, hot cider and chestnuts.
I visited the hotel when they were working on the finishing touches. It was already beautiful and those who visit now will see even more festive decorations than I did.
Fairmont Newport Beach
4500 MacArthur Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA 92660